Thursday, April 09, 2009

...and Mississippi is last...

Electoral math guru nate Silver thinks the next 15 years will see the end of gay marriage bans nationwide. (FiveThirtyEight/Kottke)

Marriage bans, however, are losing ground at a rate of slightly less than 2 points per year. So, for example, we'd project that a state in which a marriage ban passed with 60 percent of the vote last year would only have 58 percent of its voters approve the ban this year.

All of the other variables that I looked at -- race, education levels, party registration, etc. -- either did not appear to matter at all, or became redundant once we accounted for religiosity. Nor does it appear to make a significant difference whether the ban affected marriage only, or both marriage and civil unions.


1 comment:

天然パーマンTENNEN PARMAN [from Japan] said...

Hi, I am Tennen-Perman,E-mail from Japan.
I visited your site sometimes so far.
You have a cool site.
I linked your site in my blog.
I administer a blog talking about music, movies, and art.
Please link to my site in your ones if you like it.

LOVE_MUSIC_ROCK_SOUL_ART_MOVIE
http://impact-love.blogspot.com/

thank you!