Thursday, April 02, 2009

Arthur Phillips

I loved Arthur Phillips' novel Prague when I read it a few years ago and upon reading his Living With Music post was reminded I haven't read his other stuff. As the author of a screenplay about a musician and the man who (almost) falls for her, I was especially interested to read: (Paper Cuts)

For the past two and a half years, I’ve been writing a novel about a singer-songwriter and the iPod-obsessed man who falls in love with her. As a result, I’ve spent months snuffling like an aroused beagle through my music collection, trying to find the right songs to put in her mouth and his ears. Their musical taste, not surprisingly, hews quite close to my own. Some of the music that ended up in the novel is in this iTunes playlist.


Buy now -

Prague: A Novel

No comments: