Friday, January 01, 2010

A word to the readers


How appropriate to end 2009 with a Natalie Portman post, though I didn't plan it that way. Expect more in 2010, as assorted projects begin to come to fruition. I finished '09 with 694 posts, down significantly from 2008. I don't know if there's a way to measure but I'm sure the average length of post went up - more reviews and less "one sentence and a link" items. I've been pleased with the direction the site is headed and want to continue to keep it current, as I doubt I'll have time for many long career retrospective posts. I want to continue to champion the films,books, and music I like the best while not being afraid to occasionally celebrate my guilty pleasures, which at the moment include Rihanna and the TV show Parks and Recreation.

On a personal note, in 2009 I lost my job as a paid movie critic, was robbed, and watched a family member battle cancer (and knock it into remission). By 2010 I hope to be on more stable footing personally and professionally and to be bringing you this blog from a different location. First though I've got a production of "The Scottish Play" to act in with a great ensemble and a couple of grad schools to hear from. Thanks to Rob for tech support and substitute blogging and thanks to you for reading and commenting. (I could stand a few more comments by the way) Happy New Year and let's get started.

No comments: