Thursday, August 29, 2013

Art of Gravity


I generally try to stay away from too much buzz about films that haven't been released yet, but the level of excitement for Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity is something to be reckoned with. Gravity just opened the Venice Film Festival and comes out here in October. Glenn Kenny would like you to know that Gravity was NOT secretly written by Ray Bradbury, but that Bradbury would have liked it. You can read a full review of the film here. Kenny:
Now that Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity is getting rapturous reviews from the Venice Film Festival, with more no doubt to follow, I believe it’s not un-okay for me to let the cat out of the bag and report that I was able to see the movie a few months back thanks to the kind consideration of some Warner people who wanted some advance feedback from myself and a few other Internet-centric movie journalists. I would have kept the cat in the bag longer were I not a little disturbed by the mewlings of various and sundry folks who travel the digital spaceways, claiming that the movie, co-written and directed by Alfonso Cuarón, is somehow an ignoble enterprise in that it does not acknowledge the Ray Bradbury short story “Kaleidoscope” as its story source.
(Note: There is nothing in either of these links I'd describe as a "spoiler", but read at your own risk.)_

No comments: